Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Marathon Mark Finishes His Fourth

Mark ran the Twin Cities Marathon on Sunday. He came in at just under four hours, which was his goal for this year. Outstanding, considering just 3 weeks ago he was wondering if he was going to be able to do it since he was having one leg cramp up on him all the time.
 It hit me just how long four hours is when I considered that he ran as long as it took us to drive from Des Moines to St. Paul! The marathon started at the Metrodome in Minneapolis and finished near the capitol at St. Paul, where the boys and I were cheering him on. The trees were absolutely beautiful and the weather couldn't have been better. Mark said the course was just gorgeous. We were very impressed with how pretty and clean the city of St. Paul was.
 Of course the boys loved our mini vacation and staying in the hotel and swimming in the pool.
Way to go, Daddy! We are proud of you!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Good job, Mark!! I'm so glad you had a nice day, a pretty course and hit your goal time. I'm very proud of you:)