Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Latest...

This morning Jacob, Ryan and I had a preschool visit. That's right, I said preschool! Jacob will start preschool next fall and I can hardly believe it. I'm glad my sister told me to start to investigate preschools now since they fill up pretty fast or I probably wouldn't have started until June, which would have been way too late! I was impressed by the staff, curriculum and the facility so I signed him up. Jacob thought it looked like fun.
Then we went to the house to check on the progress. The workers were hard at it in the 20-some degree weather slipping and sliding on the sheet of ice that was the floor. Kudos to them! They had the first floor pretty much framed, and Mark checked back after work and they had started putting the floor on the second floor (or the ceiling on the first floor). This process is exciting and it is interesting to see if it looks like what I had envisioned from the blueprints. We are building the mirror image of the blueprints, too, so I have a heck of a time switching it in my mind. For the most part it is how I thought it would be.

The front of the house:


The kitchen: notice the corner pantry on the left.

The opening off the nook for the sliding glass door. It will be a 9 ft wide door.

(A regular sliding glass door plus another 3 foot glass panel).

The back of the house.

2 comments:

Brian said...

When I framed houses in Lincoln while in college, it was customary for the homeowner to bring dougnuts during the framing process for the crew. Don't know about Iowa, but it maybe something to consider. They may do better work with some warm doughnuts on a cold 20 degree day.
-Brian

TJ said...

Amazing progress! I had a corner pantry in TX and loved it.

Hopefully your kiddos do better with pre-school than Pearl did. The shock of leaving mom was pretty harsh. :(