dol·drums
Pronunciation: \ˈdōl-drəmz, ˈdäl-, ˈdȯl-\
Function: noun plural
1 : a spell of listlessness or despondency
2 often capitalized : a part of the ocean near the equator abounding in calms, squalls, and light shifting winds
3 : a state or period of inactivity, stagnation, or slump
If this is the definition of doldrums, then I have them.
It's like a disease or something. I am bored out of my mind. Not stimulated. Not motivated. Lazy.
We have just recovered from a week-long bout with a violent super bug that caused the stomach flu in every member of our family, at different times thank goodness. So I have been couped up in the house for a week doing mountains of laundry, changing diapers and cleaning toilets. And changing diapers and doing laundry. And cleaning toilets.
Anyhow, now that we are well enough to venture out we are getting 6 inches of snow today...so I am not venturing out. So I am restless and bored. And tired of winter. Now I remember why we have taken a late February vacation to visit my sister the past few years. Something to look forward to. Something to do. But not this year, we are supposed to be saving our dollars. I think I'd rather spend 'em.
I feel very fortunate to be able to stay home with my kids, but somedays I think it would be good to get up and go to work. Then maybe I'd shower by noon.
Cooper turns 7!
10 years ago
2 comments:
Glad to see you are all better! I hear you on the boredom gig. Nothing is worse than being bored.
We are getting snow today, too.
BOO to boredom!
The payoff will come when your babies grow up to be the most handsome loving young men!
"well done my good & faithful servant...."
Post a Comment