Thursday, September 16, 2010

Baby Quilt

I made a baby quilt for Patrick and Erika's baby. I had every intention of having a girl quilt and a boy quilt ready to go for whatever sex the baby may happen to be...but her due date is only 2 weeks away and I just finished the first quilt! At this stage I think I'll wait and see what the baby is before I start on the boy one. I have the fabric picked out, just in case. Anyway, the quilt... Wait! Who keeps jumping in my picture, saying "cheeeeese!"?
I'm trying to take a photograph here...
No, seriously. I need to take a photograph of the quilt.
Ryan, can Mommy take a picture, please?
I'll read you your Fishy book after I take my pictures. Promise.
Thank you.
Anyway, it is super soft and cuddly, made up of flannel and dotted minkie fabric.
Mmmm! I just can't wait to wrap a little bundle in it! *Snuggles*
The front has pink flowers with green dots and the back is pink and green striped. I had it quilted and she quilted flowers into the design, which I thought was cute.
All the minkie blocks were made out of the same piece of fabric, so I was surprised to see all the pink color variation. But I think it adds to its character.
It's not perfect, but it was made with love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that! That's going to be one cozy baby!

Erika said...

LOVE IT!!! LOVE YOU!!! LOVE THE BOY WHO LOVES THE QUILT!!!! THANK YOU, from the bottom of our two hearts:) I can't wait either!!