I have been busy creating the nursery decor. When we found out we were expecting a baby girl, I knew I wanted to use this quilt:
Oops! There's my quilt model again.
I made this quilt in college out of 1930's reproduction fabrics just because I felt like sewing and I loved the fabrics. At the time I called it a "spring quilt" but never used it since I decided it looked more like a baby quilt. But I have always loved it. So with this as my inspiration, I looked for bedding to go with it: not an easy task. I found 1930's greens and pinks to clash with today's greens and pinks. I even had a hard time finding a plain white crib skirt! Time to dust off the sewing machine, I determined.
I sewed a simple white crib skirt, and chose a complementary 1930's pink fabric for the sheet.
The bumpers combine these two fabrics with a ric rac ribbon accent.
Next, I made pinwheels for above the crib out of scrap fabrics + Mom's awesome stash of scraps:
I need a pinwheel pillow for the chair!
What to do above the changing table?
Whimsical "art" using fabric scraps, cheap frames, and inexpensive mats, recovered.
I also sewed "Owlivia" and Aunt Michelle crafted a fabulous frame in the perfect colors:
All put together, ready for that sweet baby girl.
I can't wait to meet her!
5 comments:
Very, very nice! Love the scheme! I was wondering what the name would be - something traditional to match the boys, I guessed. It's a very pretty and sophisticated name.
You are amazing! I love "Owlivia" and Rachel is such a beautiful name. :)
You are way ahead of me. Lane still sleeps in his little Arms Reach cot in our room. His crib isn't even assembled yet and he's almost 5 months old! I delay sending them to their own rooms for as long as possible and Mike never tries to convince me otherwise.
Great post, Betsy!
I love little Rachels nursery- so personal and special!
I too cant wait to meet her!
Love you!
Cute! You did a great job! I love the pinwheel theme!
Post a Comment