Monday, October 6, 2008

Home for Harvest

Mark had Reserve Duty this weekend so Jacob, Ryan, Abby, and I loaded up and went to my parent's home for the weekend. Soybean harvest is in full swing, so we had to make the trip to give Jacob the long-awaited ride in Grandpa's combine. He loved every minute of it. Ryan had a ride too but instantly fell asleep to the drone of the engine. I love this picture of the combine in the distance. When we lived in Hawaii I always got homesick during harvest time. I had no idea how much I liked this time of year and the change of seasons until I lived in a place where the change of seasons was very subtle. Not that I could complain about year-round sunny and 80!

1 comment:

TJ said...

We are heading home next week for a few days. I love fall in Iowa, too. We are about done with Christmas travel, I think.

Tara