Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Month Away

We are hoping to move in to our new house in less than a month! There's a lot of work left to be done, however. This week: painting and cabinetry, pour the concrete driveway if it's nice.
Last week they dug the geothermal wells and finished up a lot of trim carpentry. Here is what they did over the fireplace:
We will mount the television over the mantle. Once the cabinetry is here they will put base cabinets to the right and left of the fireplace and add built-in shelves over them. They will be stained dark. The kitchen: The tile is in, and I love it! It photographed really light. They are 20 x 20 porcelain tiles laid paver style: The front door trim, which will be painted white:
(and Jacob!)
The lockers coming in from the garage:
We can't wait to have a place to put hats, gloves, and a purse on top, shoes on the bottom, hooks for little coats that don't hang well on hangers, and a place to plop down the boys to put their shoes on! Across from the lockers is a small coat closet, to the right is the laundry room and to the left is a small half bath. From the garage (door to the left of lockers) you can walk straight in to the kitchen. It's coming along! I have loved the process, but I'm tired of making decisions and running house errands with little ones. (Now there's a challenge!) I'm ready to move in. I keep reminding myself that good things come to those who wait. :)

1 comment:

TJ said...

Looks awesome! I like the tile. I think we are doing ours on the diagonal, but I like that look too.