Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Top Ten Reasons My Boys are Stinkers

There's no debate: Ryan is definitely a stinker, and has been since day 1 of his short little life. Mischief maker through and through. Jacob is as honest as they come...until recently, where he has proved to be a little on the sneaky side. Hence my top ten list why my boys are stinkers {this week}:

10. Ryan was completely potty trained, except for nighttime. Then the recent stomach flu hit, and poor baby got the squirts so bad we had him in diapers again for an entire week. Now he refuses to pee in the potty. Nice.

9. Ryan consistently pours his juice in his cereal bowl much to my dismay. It's gross and it curdles the milk. But he eats his cereal so whatever, right? Well, now if I give him milk in a regular (not sippy) cup, he has decided to dump his milk on his lunch. Yes, child, you will sit there until you eat your soggy grilled cheese sandwich, thank you very much. And no, you may not have more milk.

8. Jacob has outgrown naps. Ryan and his pregnant mother, however, have not. So Jacob gets to "rest" while watching a movie or playing PBS kids computer games while we nap. Yes, I trust him completely. Well, apparently he has decided it's a good time to choose his own snacks while Mommy is sleeping. That is why he has, over a period of less than a week, single handedly eaten an entire bag of mini marshmallows.

7. Ryan, at dinner today, squeezed all the juice out of his orange and then pretended he puked it up.

6. Ryan, every morning while this prego mama is trying to retain her cheerios, likes to mimic my gagging noises. It's not funny.

5. Ryan likes to frequently throw random objects down the laundry chute for Mama to find. But, HE hasn't been down the laundry chute...yet.

4. Ryan is hesitant with a kiss but will punch you in a second.

3. Jacob was to bring one item to preschool in the "share bag". He wanted to bring two small toys and I suggested something else since it could only be one thing. He brought that bigger item and when he got home from school the two small toys were also magically in his preschool bag. "I don't know how they got there, Mom!" Sure kid.

2. Ryan will pretend to have to go potty to get out of doing whatever he doesn't want to do.

1. I lay out Jacob's preschool clothes for him. Tuesday he didn't want to wear what I had laid out. Just put it on, Jacob, hurry up! I said, and he did. Well, when I picked him up from preschool, he was wearing his short-sleeved Superman PAJAMA top that is two sizes two small. WTH? He had slipped it on under his long sleeved shirt under the radar. I also noticed he had his Superman pajama bottom briefs on under his jeans and I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to run around preschool in his underwear, too! Oh, what those preschool teachers must think of his Mama. Probably not surprised since earlier this year he managed to sneak by me with his cape on and wore his cape to preschool all day.

Signing off,
Superman's Mother

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! You are in TROUBLE!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the top one was me...you sister!

TJ said...

Very cute post! Mable can't lie to save her life, but Pearl is pretty much a professional liar.

So far #3 is calm for me. Hope that same for you!

Sweet Baker Babes said...

Soooo funny!

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

I am truly sorry for your pain...but this post was hil.ar.i.ous!
BSG and I had a great laugh!
I love my stinker nephews!

Grandma G said...

BUT...they're so cute:)

My favorite:)
MOM: Jacob get your pajama's on.
JACOB: Playing--oblivious!
MOM: Jacob get your pajama's on!
JACOB: Playing......oblivious!
GRANDMA: Jacob! What did Mom tell you? If Grandma has to get off this couch ( helping Ryan with pj's) you're in big trouble!
JACOB: Take you time Grandma.

Aunt E said...

I am laughing hysterically right now. That is funny stuff. I needed an ab workout. Can you do one for when you had the stomach flu too? I was laughing all day long after we talked about that the other morning!!

Unknown said...

ahh, fun times. good thing they are cute!