Today we went to the {11:00} church service. We were surprised by the ease of parking in a full parking lot. We walked in and were utterly confused by Pastor Mike in the middle of a sermon being broadcast on the screen in the Bridge, adjacent to the Worship Center. "It must not be a simulcast" we thought, as we walked in to the 2,500 seat sanctuary trying to find a seat AN HOUR LATE. We were like "what's going on?" The ushers were standing by the doors but not helping us find a seat. No praise music, just Pastor Mike in the middle of his sermon. It still didn't click. So when we finally found 3 seats together and slipped in I asked the nice lady next to me, "Are we late or something?" We go to church every Sunday, people. She sweetly said, "I bet you didn't set your clocks ahead". I felt like such an idiot and I still can't believe it took us so long to figure it out! I bet there were some chuckles as we were walking in an hour late with looks of utter confusion on our faces. Oh well, the boys appreciated the 15 minute sermon! The worst part: I had "Daylight Savings Time Begins" on my calendar and earlier in the week said "Oh, we have to set our clocks ahead this weekend"! Pregnancy brain. I'm blaming the pregnancy brain.
2 comments:
Ha ha! I totally forgot, too, but my cellphone reminds me that the clock was updated.
Oh, yeah, pregnancy brain IS a real thing and so is new mom brain. It's horrible. Don't worry about it, next Sunday just make sure you show off your belly so people understand!
Post a Comment