We had a great day today. We went to Ames for a visit. Mark hadn't been there since he graduated from ISU in 2002 and I have only been there once since then. We did a little shopping, drove around town and checked out the campus, and met my cousin Jacki for lunch at Great Plains Sauce and Dough Company, the greatest pizza place ever, in my opinion. I am so bummed I forgot my camera or I would have captured a picture with Jacki. She turned 21 this week so we had to take her out for lunch to celebrate! A lot of improvements have been made in Ames the last 6 years in the way of new buildings, restaurants, and shopping. We loved Ames and Iowa State so it was fun to revisit some fond memories. Here are some pictures I took when we got home:
Smiley Ry in his Cyclone outfit
Jacob in his new ISU sweatshirt, looking all grown up
Cyclone boys
Smiley Ry in his Cyclone outfit
Jacob in his new ISU sweatshirt, looking all grown up
Cyclone boysIn other news, I finally gave in and gave Ryan a haircut tonight. (After these pictures were taken.) It turned out pretty cute I think. I get pretty nervous ever since I gave Jacob really bad bangs once. :)
5 comments:
The boys are growing up way too fast! Before we know it Jacob will be at ISU! What a big boy!
Sweet pictures! I don't care much for the new emblem, though, do you? I liked tornado Cy better. ;) Daren likes the old-old chicken-hawk Cy. Ick.
I am amazed at the growth in Ames too. Daren has been to Ames 8 times this year. It would be the only place we would move back to Iowa for. Maybe Mark should apply at Ag Leader. ;)
I can't believe Jackie is 21. Good Lord, she was 2 the summer I babysat them.
ry guy dressed as cy....haha
Thanks again for taking me out! It was so great to see you guys! Your little cyclones are looking pretty cool in their ISU gear =]
<3 Jacki
Oh my, Jacob looks like he turned 21 in that middle photo! I think we just got a glimpse of the lady-killer 19 years from now;)
Post a Comment