Last weekend we went to Grandpa & Grandma B's for a visit:
No visit to the farm is complete without a ride on some sort of John Deere!
Jacob got to ride with {Great} Uncle Jim in a big red combine and loved every minute of it. Wish I had had my camera!Jacob and Ryan got to play with {second} cousins Jamie:
and Jason:
Aren't those great school pictures?
In other events:
- Ryan got the stomach flu on Monday after being crabby for 2 days. Poor little baby.
- We voted in the election on Tuesday and watched a lot of coverage.
- Jacob got pink eye as a biological gift from cousin Emma. Thanks, Em. :) We have a wrestling match everytime it's eye drop time.
- A little tractor took a swim in the toilet.
- Jacob got a pea stuck up his nose. Nice. He came to me with a desperate "Momma, get it out!" After another wrestling match (involving a bulb syringe this time) he no longer complained about the pea although I never actually saw it come out so I'm thinking he ingested it. So if he starts sprouting I'll know it's still in there.
- Last night Aunt Erika and Uncle Patrick watched the boys so we could go to a surprise 30th birthday party for 2 of our friends, Kelly and Brian. Happy Birthday, guys, and thanks "Aunt Airta and Aunt Patrick".
- They still haven't started on our house. Argh! Still waiting on building permits from the city. I would prefer to wait until spring now but we already signed the contract. Momma won't be happy if we have a crack in the foundation or dusting of the concrete from a cold pour.
- We were lazy today. Very lazy. And it was everything I thought it would be. ;)
2 comments:
I love your last bullet. I need to plan more lazy days. I have a lot of unplanned ones, but then I am just disappointed I didn't get anything done!
Tara
sounds like a good week...what biological gifts would the kids like for Christmas? We are always good for those! :)
Post a Comment