
That's right, last night I burnt my hand with baby food! Nice one. It was about 4:30 and Mark was finishing his day at work, Jacob was taking his nap, and I had Ryan in his chair ready to eat. I thought, I'll give him Beef and Beef Gravy, he gets meat occasionally. I popped it in the micro for 20 seconds. Oh, the jar is still pretty cool, how about a few more seconds. I took it out of the microwave and as it was about chest height, POOF! It EXPLODED everywhere, all over me, my face, the cabinets, everywhere. I SCREAMED and dropped the jar, and the contents of the jar spilled onto my hands. I immediately ran them under cold water, thank goodness. I didn't think it was too bad at first but then burn, baby, burn. I called Mark and said please come home, I burnt my hands on baby food! Poor Ry Guy could be heard screaming in the background. I then called my mom in tears. Any owie still requires my mother! Ha! Anyhow, I ended up going to the Doctor for some Silvadene cream and some drugs, because at that time I thought there was no way I was going to be able to sleep at night. It turned out that the cream and wrapping it made it feel a lot better, and I have been fine since. It is a second degree burn but was a lot less severe that I originally thought (or how it originally felt!). When I got home from the doctor, my darling husband pointed out this:
A warning label not to heat the small meat container in the microwave! It says "Do not heat in microwave oven, contents may splatter causing burns. No shit! Lesson learned: beware of exploding baby food. I feel extremely fortunate that it didn't burn my face!
2 comments:
Oh my! It is amazing how little things like that happen!
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
omg...this is brutal!
so thankful you didnt get your face or the baby!
we need to chat....!
Post a Comment