Mark got his Honorable Discharge paperwork today!!! Hooray!!! Nearly 12 years after he first signed on the dotted line, he is finally out of the Army. For good. Forever. Done. Finished. Complete. It's been an adventure. A job well done, honey!
Mark in combat uniform, shortly before heading to Iraq circa January, 2004
Mark in combat uniform, shortly before heading to Iraq circa January, 2004(Yes, it's been 5 years since he left for Iraq!)
2 comments:
Congrats!
You should post more on your life in the Army. I find it very interesting... the odd enlisted-officer sub-culture, life on base, etc.
I know this sounds stupid in hindsight, but I never thought about *family* housing. I envisioned these simple barracks. Wrong. Swimming pools, parks, bowling alleys, movie theatres, "stores", gas stations, schools, and even Burger King, for goodness sakes! On an Army base!
I visited Fort Jackson in SC once and was at Fort Sam Houston many times.
Long story short, tell me about the Army. ;)
This is the best damn thing I have heard ALL year!!! Congrats! *SMOOCH*
Yeah, Betsy...go ahead & tell TJ how wonderful the Army is...go ahead & do it without cuss words on your family blog! :) Hee-hee!
Yipee!
Post a Comment