Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Windows!

The windows are in! In fact, this photo is a week old and the back and side of the house are completely sided now, maybe more, we didn't get to check on it today. Here is where the fireplace and built in cabinets will be. The 2-story great room will be the focal point in the house. To the left of the fireplace is the bank of windows and to the right there is an open staircase and "catwalk". Looking at the the entryway. The firplace is to your left, the nook and kitchen to your right, and the big windows are at your back. The staircase will be all open with a railing on the catwalk. I can't wait until they are at a point where they can put the spindles and railing in. I know it will be awhile but it is comical watching me go up the stairs. I am not a fan of heights, and you can see through the stairs clear down to the basement, and there is nothing to hold on to on either side of the stairs! So when we go check out the second floor, I have to have Mark hold my hand going up and down the stairs. What I really want to do is go down on my butt like a toddler. Ha!

2 comments:

TJ said...

Wow - that is really coming along! I love the big windows. I hope you budgeted for window treatments. ;) I am always in shock at the cost of blinds, curtains, etc.

Keep the house pictures coming!

TJ

Alli said...

Wow, it looks really nice. Let me know how to clean the vaulted ceiling windows as I still have not figured that one out.