Monday, February 9, 2009

80th Birthday Bash

This past weekend we went home for Grandma Delores' 80th Birthday Bash!
(Mark's Maternal Grandmother)

Doesn't she look sharp in red? Grandma R. is truly a special lady. She is such a sweet Grandma. She is high tech and is frequently seen taking pictures, working on the computer, or embroidering on her sewing machine. She keeps the busiest schedule of anyone I know. She plays golf, bowls, plays in her polka band, sings in the church choir and has coffee with her friends. Add in there a road trip here or there, or perhaps a trip to Germany, New Zealand, or South America. Don't forget to catch Jamie and Jason's ball games and take lunch out to the field! There is nothing she can't do. I will never forget when Grandma came to visit us in Hawaii and we went to the Big Island and hiked the lava fields at night to see the lava flow. She wouldn't think of missing it. So, in the dark, with a flashlight, over rocky, uneven, creviced terrain she hiked the 4 miles with us. I think I was more worried about breaking a hip than she was!

On Sunday she had a birthday bash with almost 200 in attendance. It was a fantastic day. Here are some snapshots from this weekend.

Mark and I:

Daddy and Ryan:
Jacob and Grandpa:Mark's Sister Erika, Mother Pat, and Grandmother Delores:

No party is complete without a polka! Happy Birthday, Grandma. We love you.

2 comments:

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

Happy 80th Birthday Grandma!

Anonymous said...

I agree, it was a great day!! I just certainly hope that I did not look like that in real life...I could probably have been mistaken for being trashed at Grandma's Sunday afternoon party....I swear, I consumed no alcohol, I was just caught at a bad moment!!!