Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Tonight I made Sugar Cookies for my Valentine: (Mark's favorite)

Jacob liked them too, he got a special cookie with candies on it.

I used my friend Elizabeth's recipe. She makes the best sugar cookies ever. She gave me her recipe a while ago and it has taken me several attempts to get even close to hers. What I learned: roll the dough out thick and only bake them for about 7 minutes. Divine! For all you faithful blog readers out there, here it is:

{Elizabeth's Famous} Sugar Cookies
Cream together:
2/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar

Add:
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
Add:
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp milk

Chill and roll out as usual. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or less.

Icing
1/3 cup soft butter
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tbs milk (or cream)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sweet Baker Babes said...

Madi and I just made sugar cookies this morning. Our recipe is similar to yours, but I will definitely try your variation b/c I am always looking to perfect a recipe! Thanks!