Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stepping Stones

When we were in Arkansas a couple of weeks ago, Marion and I made these stepping stones from materials we got at Hobby Lobby. So much fun! I love a good crafty project.
We have been pretty busy lately. Last week Jacob had swimming lessons, then last weekend we went to Galena, Illinois to celebrate Mark's parents' 35th Wedding Anniversary. We had a great time. We stayed at Chestnut Mountain Resort, which is a ski area but they have things to do in the summer too. Galena is such a charming town. On Saturday we had a picnic lunch, shopped in all the cute little shops, had a very nice supper, and then went swimming. On Sunday after breakfast we played mini golf then there was an alpine slide down to the boat area where they had pontoon boat rides on the Mississippi River. It was a great weekend. Happy Anniversary, Bill and Pat!
Then we dropped the boys off at Grandpa and Grandma B's house for a couple of days. I thoroughly enjoyed having time to myself to do whatever I wanted (shopping). But now I am ready to go get my boys back tomorrow. It's pretty quiet around here and I miss the little stinkers. A lot.

2 comments:

Marion Heath said...

I'm so glad to see those little hand prints made it home in tack. Mine in our garden and yes, I took pictures and yes, I will blog them up......as things quiet down and before our road trip to California.

Unknown said...

those are super cute - plus it's fun that they are made the first year in your new home!

i puffy heart Galena. we went there on our "mini-moon" the day after our wedding since we weren't honeymooning for a few more months.